After a distressing trip to the electro-cardiologist (stats can be frightening), I decided that I needed to focus on some good news, so here is a list of the 2012 Clarkesworld stories that have been selected for year’s best anthologies:
The Year’s Best Science Fiction: Thirtieth Annual Collection, Gardner Dozois ed.
- “Astrophilia” by Carrie Vaughn (audio)
The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume Seven, Jonathan Strahan ed.
- “Immersion” by Aliette de Bodard (audio)
- “Mantis Wives” by Kij Johnson (audio)
- “Fade to White” by Catherynne M. Valente (audio)
- “A Bead of Jasper by Four Small Stones” by Genevieve Valentine (audio)
The Year’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy, 2013 Edition, Rich Horton ed.
- “Scattered Along the River of Heaven” by Aliette de Bodard (audio)
- “A Hundred Ghosts Parade Tonight” by Xia Jia (audio)
- “Prayer” by Robert Reed (audio)
- “Honey Bear” by Sofia Samatar (audio)