The March 2013 issue of Clarkesworld Magazine is now available. You can get the issue:
or help us pay the bills by purchasing Clarkesworld:
MARCH 2013 – ISSUE #78
“The Weight of a Blessing” by Aliette de Bodard
“The Last Survivor of the Great Sexbot Revolution” by A.C. Wise
“86, 87, 88, 89” by Genevieve Valentine
Videodrome at Thirty by Keith Phipps
Accepting a More Profitable Shoe: A Conversation with M. C. Planck by Jeremy L. C. Jones
Another Word: Original Sin by Alethea Kontis
Editor’s Desk: Forwards and Backwards by Neil Clarke
This month’s stories will be released in audio form on the 1st, 14th and 21st. Read by Kate Baker.
The Emperor’s Arrival by david Demaret
If you enjoy what we do, please consider supporting us by spreading the word about our subscription options on Facebook, Twitter or your blog. Your subscriptions make everything we do possible.
I am very proud to announce the that following Clarkesworld stories and novelettes have been selected for the 2012 Locus Recommended Reading list:
- “Immersion” by Aliette De Bodard (June 2012, Short Story)
- “Scattered Along the River of Heaven” by Aliette De Bodard (January 2012, Short Story)
- “England Under the White Witch” by Theodora Goss (October 2012, Short Story)
- “A Hundred Ghosts Parade Tonight” by Xia Jia (February 2012, Short Story)
- “Mantis Wives” by Kij Johnson (August 2012, Short Story)
- “The Battle of Candle Arc” by Yoon Ha Lee (October 2012, Novelette)
- “Prayer” by Robert Reed (May 2012, Short Story)
- “To See the Other (Whole Across the Sky)” by E. Catherine Tobler (November 2012, Short Story)
- “A Bead of Jasper, Four Small Stones” by Genevieve Valentine (October 2012, Short Story)
- “Astrophila” by Carrie Vaughn (July 2012, Novelette)
Congratulations to everyone on this year’s list!
After a distressing trip to the electro-cardiologist (stats can be frightening), I decided that I needed to focus on some good news, so here is a list of the 2012 Clarkesworld stories that have been selected for year’s best anthologies:
The Year’s Best Science Fiction: Thirtieth Annual Collection, Gardner Dozois ed.
The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume Seven, Jonathan Strahan ed.
The Year’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy, 2013 Edition, Rich Horton ed.
The following 2012 stories from Clarkesworld Magazine has been selected to appear in THE BEST SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY OF THE YEAR: VOLUME 7 edited by Jonathan Strahan:
Congratulations to Aliette, Kij, Catherynne and Genevieve!
You can find a complete table of contents for Jonathan’s book here.
The June issue of Clarkesworld Magazine is now online.
As usual, if you enjoy what we’re doing, please consider supporting us by making a donation or buying one of our books.
Sorry for the short notice, but this came together very quickly and life has been a bit chaotic this past week:
Come join us tonight at the Soho Gallery for Digital in NYC for a special NYRSF Reading celebrating Clarkesworld Magazine’s 50th issue and recent Hugo Award. I’ll be hosting. Desirina Boskovich and Genevieve Valentine will be reading.
Doors open at 6:30pm. We’ll start at 7:00pm.
Details can be found at the NYRSF Reading website. I hope to see some of you there!