It’s one thing to think your own magazine is good, but this just falls into the really cool pile:
Million Writers Award for best new online magazine or journal
- This award is shared by Menda City Review and Clarkesworld Magazine. Both of these magazines started strong in 2006, providing not only professional-level fiction but also quality editing and design work. Honorable mention is given to Helix: A Speculative Fiction Quarterly, which also started the year off well. All of these magazines are places to keep your eyes on in 2007 and beyond.
and these stories were picked as notable:
- “304 Adolph Hitler Strasse” by Lavie Tidhar
- “A Light in Troy” by Sarah Monette
- “The Moby Clitoris of His Beloved” by Ian Watson and Roberto Quaglia
- “Urchins, While Swimming” by Catherynne M. Valente
Check out the full story on this website: http://www.storysouth.com/millionwriters/2006notablestories.html
Awesome. And they mentioned the design. w00t!
Yay for you and Clarkesworld!!!
Congrats, and well deserved!
That’s great — congrats!