More Human Than Human is a reprint anthology focused on the theme of androids, replicants, and other artificial humanoids that will be published by Night Shade Books in trade paperback, ebook, and (maybe) audio editions in late 2017.
What am I looking for
- Previously published science fiction stories between 3000 and 25000 words in length.
- Stories must include androids, replicants, etc. as a major character or plot element.
What I don’t want
- Stories outside the stated word count
- Original stories (this is a reprint anthology, send originals to Clarkesworld)
- Zombies (yeah, they are always on the list)
Payment and Required rights
- If accepted, payment of one cent/word will be issued on receipt of signed contract . Pro-rata share of royalties issued twice per year (if additional payment is due).
- Non-exclusive English language rights for print, digital, and audio editions required.
Reading Period, Response Times, ANd How to SUbmit
- Open for submissions through 3/20/2017.
- May make up to five concurrent submissions.
- Acceptance and rejection letters will be emailed sometime before April 5, 2017.
- Cover letter should include original publication information of the story.
- All submissions must be made through my anthology submissions system at: http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/anthology/
If you would like to recommend a story that you have not written, please post it in the comments section of this post.
If you have questions, email neil(at)clarkesworldmagazine.com.