I’ve been selected to be part of a NASA Social event at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. I’ll be attending the launch of the SpaceX CRS-10 cargo resupply mission to the International Space Station later this month.
During the event, I’ll be provided with the opportunity to:
- Tour NASA facilities at Kennedy
- Meet and interact with engineers, technicians and other team members from Kennedy
- View and take photographs of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket at Launch Complex 39A
- Meet fellow space enthusiasts who are active on social media
- Meet members of NASA’s social media team
- View the launch of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft
Unfortunately, the event date was moved to 17-18th, which is the one weekend this month Lisa and I both have plans. Much as I would like to go, we’d both have to cancel our trips and that’s not fair to her. Hopefully I can get on the invite list for a future launch. I’ve wanted to see one since I was a kid.