This month is Chris Urie’s last month as interviewer at Clarkesworld Magazine. We’re sad to see him leaving us in this capacity, but fortunately he won’t be leaving us entirely. (Chris started as a slush reader and has asked to rejoin the slush team.)
When a position goes vacant, I look at it as an opportunity to rethink what we’re doing. This means that the new person (or persons) that end up working on our interviews will have an opportunity to help shape how we do these moving forward.
If you are interested in being an interviewer for Clarkesworld Magazine, here’s a few things you should know:
- for the moment, we expect the interviews to remain about the same length (so check some out before you apply)
- interview subjects are assigned, but interviewers are welcome to and encouraged to make suggestions
- Chris was handling 1-2 interviews per month. We expect to maintain that schedule, but it doesn’t have to be all on one person
- all pieces will be subject to a final editorial pass by our Non-Fiction Editor, Kate Baker
- you can work from anywhere in the world, but we do need you to read/write in English
- interviews are paid on a flat-rate
If you are interested, please fill out this application: https://forms.gle/3rvWUHdqYESu1FtCA
ALL INFORMATION IN APPLICATIONS WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL.
The only people reading these are Neil Clarke and Kate Baker.