Strictly by the numbers, here’s a quick snapshot of Clarkesworld’s 2020 output.
- 12 issues
- 69 authors
- 36 authors had never been published in Clarkesworld before
- 8 (possibly 10) had never been published before, 2 others were first professional sales
- 76 stories (classified by Hugo Award categories below)
- 44 short stories
- 30 novelettes
- 2 novellas
- 552,820 words total
- 0 solicited works (all works were published from open submissions, not by invitation)
- 24 interviews
- 12 articles
- 76 podcasts
- 12 works of art for our cover
On seeing that we crossed the half-million words mark in 2020, I thought I should see how many words were submitted. Turns out that the 2020 slush pile contained 63,752,717 words.