FICTION (stories will be podcast throughout the month)
- “The Fixer” by Paul McAuley
- “That Which Stands Tends Toward Free Fall” by Benjanun Sriduangkaew
- “In the Mist of Life” by Nick Wolven
- “Between Dragons and Their Wrath” by An Owomoyela and Rachel Swirsky
- “Blood Dauber” by Ted Kosmatka and Michael Poore (reprint)
- “Mercurial” by Kim Stanley Robinson (reprint)
- Six Quirks of the Human Genome by Dan Koboldt
- Sapient Animals and Memory Particles: A Conversation with Lawrence M. Schoen by Chris Urie
- Another Word: Very Close Now by Fran Wilde
- Editor’s Desk: The Roundup by Neil Clarke
- “Power Surge” by Julie Dillon
This issue is now available via:
The January 2016 issue of Clarkesworld includes:
- Original Fiction by Robert Reed (“The Algorithms of Value”), E. Catherine Tobler (“The Abduction of Europa”), Rich Larson (“Extraction Request”), and Bao Shu (“Everybody Loves Charles”).
- Reprints byRobert Silverberg (“The True Vintage of Erzuine Thale”), Megan Lindholm (“Old Paint”)Megan Lindholm (“Old Paint”).
- Non-fiction by Sofia (Our Future is Artificial), an interview with Julie Dillon, an Another Word column by Ken Liu, and an editorial by Neil Clarke.
The January issue of Forever Magazine features a novella by Nick Wolven (“On the Night of the Robo-Bulls and Zombie Dancers”), a novelette by Mike Resnick (“When the Old Gods Die”), and a novelette by Mary Rosenblum (“Search Engine”).
If you are looking to give someone a gift subscription to Clarkesworld Magazine or Forever Magazine this holiday season, your best option is over at Weightless Books. Weightless is one of the few digital subscription outlets that handles this well.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Weightless Page for Clarkesworld or Forever.
- Select your format (MOBI for Kindles, EPUB for almost everything else).
- Click ADD TO CART
- Click on VIEW CART (where the ADD TO CART button was)
- Check the box next to THIS IS A GIFT ORDER
- Three new fields should appear in the cart: Name, Email, and Delivery Date. Fill these out and continue the checkout process when done.
If you have any problems, you can reach the wonderful people at Weightless via their contact page.
Clarkesworld and Forever Magazine are now available for subscription via the Nook Newsstand!
This is our first hybrid subscription option. Your subscription includes a replica edition (the layout that mirrors our iPad edition, think PDF-style) and article view (the layout that mirrors an ebook).