Worldcon is this week in San Jose. I’ll be arriving sometime late Wednesday evening and returning home on Tuesday.
I have the following panels:
- Thursday, August 16 – 4:00pm – Chinese SF/F and its Fandom (212C)
- Friday, August 17 – 11:00am – Translation & Communication of Chinese Science Fiction (210F)
- Saturday, August 18 – 12:00pm – Kaffeeklatsch: Neil Clarke (211B1)
- Saturday, August 18 – 4:00pm – Autographs
I’m not on any of the editing, anthologies, or short fiction panels, so if you want to hear (or talk to me) about that stuff, sign up for the Kaffeeklatsch or catch me between panels, meetings, and award ceremonies. (This is not a complaint. It’s just how things fell this year.) I go to these things to meet people, so feel free to introduce yourself or just say hi. If it’s Friday, break the ice by saying “Happy Birthday!”
I will also be attending the following award ceremonies:
- Friday, August 17 – 5:00pm – Chesley Awards (Callahan’s Place). I’m a nominee for Best Art Director
- Sunday, August 19 – 8:00pm – Hugo Awards (Grand Ballroom). I’m a nominee for Best Editor (Short Form)
I do not have a table in the dealer’s room, but the SFWA table will have a few copies of both Clarkesworld Year Nine volumes and some of the other dealers will have my Night Shade Books anthologies.