The 2016 Locus Recommended Reading List was published last week and it includes the following stories from Clarkesworld Magazine:
- “Checkerboard Planet”, Eleanor Arnason (Clarkesworld 12/16)
- “Touring with the Alien”, Carolyn Ives Gilman (Clarkesworld 4/16)
- “Jonas and the Fox”, Rich Larson (Clarkesworld 5/16)
- “Everyone from Themis Sends Letters Home”, Genevieve Valentine (Clarkesworld 10/16)
- “A Tower for the Coming World”, Maggie Clark (Clarkesworld 12/16)
- “Breathe”, Cassandra Khaw (Clarkesworld 5/16)
- “Things with Beards”, Sam J. Miller (Clarkesworld 6/16)
- “Afrofuturist 419”, Nnedi Okorafor (Clarkesworld 11/16)
- “Between Dragons and Their Wrath”, An Owomoyela & Rachel Swirsky (Clarkesworld 2/16)
- “Left Behind”, Cat Rambo (Clarkesworld 5/16)
- “The Abduction of Europa”, E. Catherine Tobler (Clarkesworld 1/16)
- “First Light at Mistaken Point”, Kali Wallace (Clarkesworld 8/16)
Congratulations to our authors!
Oh and I am very flattered that The Best Science Fiction of the Year: Volume One made their list of recommended anthologies.
Locus uses this list as the foundation for their annual poll and survey. Winners will be announced at the Locus Awards ceremony later in the year. The poll should be online shortly.