It’s that time of year again… Help us pick the best story and cover art from Clarkesworld’s 2014 run. Poll is open now through February 23rd. Results will be published in the March issue of Clarkesworld Magazine.
By the way, participating in this poll can put you in the running for one of ten copies of Clarkesworld: Year Seven. (5 print, 5 ebook). Contest is open to entrants all around the world.
Just like last year, Clarkesworld Magazine is not eligible for the Hugo Award for Best Semiprozine. Please don’t toss away your vote by nominating us in that category. There are plenty of eligible semiprozines to choose from. Check out this list.
I’m still eligible in the Editor (short form) category.
Clarkesworld’s stories are eligible in the appropriate categories, as are the stories from Upgraded. (Links will take you to posts that inform you which category a story is eligible in.)
Thanks for considering us for your Hugo ballot. Honored, as always.
Click on the covers for larger versions.
“Guten Morgan” by Waldemar Kazak
“Space Sirens” by Julie Dillon
“Hollow” by Matt Dixon
“Wake” by Peter Mohrbacher
“Suspected” by Albert Urmanov
“Mecha Collab” by Artur Fast and Kemane Ba
“Depot/Station” by Albert Urmanov
“Slumbering Nayad” by Julie Dillon
“Retro” by Ian McQue
“The Haunting” by Sandeep Karunakaran
“Homecoming” by Kuldar Leement
“The Magpie God” by Lake Hurwitz
Award nomination season starts up soon, so just in case you need them, here are the appropriate categories for all of the stories published in UPGRADED.
- “Always the Harvest” by Yoon Ha Lee
- “Come From Away” by Madeline Ashby
- “Collateral” by Peter Watts
- “Seventh Sight” by Greg Egan
- “A Cold Heart” by Tobias S. Buckell
- “The Sarcophagus” by Robert Reed
- “Oil of Angles” by Chen Qiufan
- “What I’ve Seen With Your Eyes” by Jason K. Chapman
- “No Place to Dream, but a Place to Die” by Elizabeth Bear
- “Married” by Helena Bell
- “Negative Space” by Amanda Forrest
- “Fusion” by Greg Mellor
- “Taking the Ghost” by A.C. Wise
- “Honeycomb Girls” by Erin Cashier
- “Tender” by Rachel Swirsky
- “Tongtong’s Summer” by Xia Jia
- “Musée de l’Âme Seule” by E. Lily Yu
- “Wizard, Cabalist, Ascendant” by Seth Dickinson
- “Memories and Wire” by Mari Ness
- “God Decay” by Rich Larson
- “Small Machine” by Genevieve Valentine
- “Mercury in Retrograde” by Erin Hoffman
- “Coastlines of the Stars” by Alex Dally MacFarlane
- “The Cumulative Effects of Light Over Time” by E. Catherine Tobler
- “Synecdoche Oracles” by Benjanun Sriduangkaew
Award nomination season starts up soon, so just in case you need them, here are the appropriate categories for all of the stories we published in Clarkesworld Magazine in 2014:
Gardner Dozois has announced (on Facebook) the table of contents for The Year’s Best Science Fiction, Thirty-Second Annual Collection. It includes:
The Long Haul, from the Annals of Transportation, The Pacific Monthly, May 2009, Ken Liu
Communion, Mary Anne Mohanraj
Weather, Susan Palwick
Passage of Earth, Michael Swanwick
The Regular, Ken Liu
God Decay, Rich Larson